Nigerians took to social media on Thursday, October 20, 2022, to mark the second year anniversary of what has now come to be known as Lekki Massacre.
Many Nigerians who occupied Lekki Tollgate on October 20, 2020 were allegedly shot and killed by men of the Nigerian military.
The government has since then denied giving the order to open fire on unarmed civilians.
Taking to Twitter, many Nigerians sent tweets to mark the second anniversary.
Rudeboy of P-Square said, “Today is not an ordinary day #EndSARSMemorial2 also #floodinNigeria a presidential candidate decided to suspend his campaign to reach out to victims affected, while a shameless goat with white bear bear in a foreign land thinks everything is politics. Fool .. we are wiser now.”
Social Media Pastor said, https://twitter.com/Ayan_Eledumare/status/1582939819352543232?t=3873yUAMfQH8Z81ydQXE4A&s=19
Adetutu Balogun said, https://twitter.com/Tutsy22/status/1582882372264939520?t=qhAGeBQiL8IqB0SSZxCKqw&s=19