News

VIDEO: Jos prison left in shambles after attack by unknown gunmen

It was pandemonium on Sunday afternoon when some unknown gunmen besieged the Jos Correctional Facility.

However, the assault was eventually subdued by a joint team of security forces.

Inmates are still intact, and no life has so far been reported lost.

Gabriel Ogaba, spokesperson of the Plateau state police command, confirmed the incident.

“Yes, some gunmen attacked the prison today,” he said. Adding that, “We are currently on top of the situation.”

Francis Enobore, public relations officer of the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS), said the invaders “engaged the armed squad personnel in a gun battle before breaking into the yard”.

“Although they gained entrance to the yard, they are however trapped within as men from sister security services were immediately mobilised to assist the armed guards to cordon the perimeter wall and the entire area,” Enobore said.

“The situation is presently under control as the attackers firing power is being subdued by superior fire from a combined team of security agencies.”

See the clip here:

Categories: News

Tagged as:

Leave a Reply