Following the attack on indigenes of Ondo State in Rukubu village of Plateau State, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo has appealed to residents of his state not to take laws into their hands.
Akeredolu made the appeal in a statement issued by his Spokesperson, saying that the situation is now under control.
The governor also appealed to the people to refrain from any hasty colouration of the incident, maintaining that Ondo State indigenes living in Plateau State are not targets of any religion or ethnic crisis.
Recall that on Saturday morning, some 25 persons had been confirmed killed and 14 injured along Rukuba road in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The victims were attacked while travelling from Bauchi en-route Jos to Ikare in Ondo State.
SWITCH NIGERIA also recalled that Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State had also reacted to the incident in a statement signed by spokesperson Simon Makut.
Lalong condemned the attack and warned troublemakers bent on fomenting trouble in the state to desist as the government will not allow any form of lawlessness to disrupt the peace of the state.
He said that attacks on innocent citizens, no matter their background, will never be tolerated in the state and those who are found to be behind such attacks will be dealt with decisively to serve as a deterrent and restore public order.
The statement added that the governor had also directed security agencies to swiftly identify and arrest perpetrators.
The spokesperson of Operation Safe Haven, a military task force set up to maintain peace in Plateau State, Major Ishaku Takwa, said 12 persons have been arrested in connection with the incident, while normalcy has been restored in the area.