Three members of the same family have reportedly died in Kwara State after consuming amala.
The incident which occurred in Ilorin East Local Government Area, happened after five siblings of the same parents consumed the brown coloured yam flour.
The Kwara State Disease Surveillance Notification Officer, Alhaji Muhammad Abdullahi who confirmed the incident said that when they were rushed to a nearby hospital, they started complaining of stomach pain and began puking, only for three of them to die at the hospital.
He said, “When we got to the place, their father told us that five of his children ate the meal but three later started vomiting before they were rushed to the Children Specialists’ Hospital, Ilorin.”
“He said while they were battling to save the lives, another one was rushed to another hospital but the first three died.
“Their father, who is a farmer, told us he produced the yam flour himself and could not say what went wrong,” he added.
Categories: HEALTH AND LIFESTYLE