The president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has today, 26th August 2020 approved the appointment of Chief Executive Officers for News Agency of Nigeria, Nigerian Press Council, National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism, National Gallery of Arts, Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria, National Theatre, National Institute for Cultural Orientation, National Commission for Museums and Monuments, and Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilization. The appointments will take effects from September, 2020.
This was disclosed this evening via a State House Press Statement, which reads as follows.
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Chief Executive Officers for nine (9) of the agencies under the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture. According to the approval letter, which was conveyed to the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, by Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, Chief of Staff to the President, on Tuesday:
- Mr. Buki Ponle – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria
- Mr. Nura Sani Kangiwa – Director General, National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism
- Mr. Francis Ndubuisi Nwosu – Executive Secretary, Nigerian Press Council
- Mr. Ebeten William Ivara, Director General, National Gallery of Arts
- Mr. Olalekan Fadolapo – Registrar/CEO of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria
- Prof. Sunday Enessi Ododo – General Manager/CEO, National Theatre
- Mr. Ado Mohammed Yahuza – Executive Secretary/CEO, National Institute for Cultural Orientation
- Prof. Aba Isa Tijjani – Director General, National Commission for Museums & Monuments
- Mrs. Oluwabunmi Ayobami Amao – Director General, Centre For Black And African Arts & Civilization
The appointments take effect from the 1st of September 2020.