The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS, formerly Nigerian Prisons Service) has warned the general public to beware of one Anthony Wemah with mobile telephone number 08069502955, who may also bear and use other names, parading himself to be the ration and gas contractor for the Nigerian Correctional Service and defrauding innocent citizens, collecting their money under the pretense of securing Ration and Gas Contracts for potential contractors. The Public Relations Officer of NCoS, A. C. Njoku, made this known through a disclaimer in a press statement yesterday, 27th July 2020.
The general public is hereby warned against doing business with the man or whoever poses as a middleman to secure any ration and gas contract, as the NCoS would only follow due process and the approved channel.
Below is the press statement from the Nigerian Correctional Service.
27th July, 2020
NCoS: NO AGENT APPOINTED FOR RATIONAND GAS CONTRACTS
It has come to the knowledge of the management of the Nigerian Correctional Service that a syndicate headed by one Anthony Wemah with phone number 0806-950-2955 (and also known with other names and numbers) has been parading himself as ration and gas Contract agent for the Nigerian Correctional Service, deceiving unsuspecting members of the public and collecting monies for the purpose of securing ration and gas Contract for potential contractors.
Members of the public are hereby informed that:
1. There is no officer or person in the Nigerian Correctional Service with the Name CP Anthony Wemah as purported in the social media story circulating on ration and gas contract scam;
2.The Service follow the standard contract award process as laid down by the Bureau for Public Procurement Act.
3. The Service does not use agent(s), syndicate(s), private individuals nor receive financial inducement for the purposes;
4. The Service dissociates itself totally from such illicit dealings and members of the public are advised to disregard entreaties from such groups/individual as they are fraudsters;
5. Anyone who wishes to get ration contracts will have to tender when the contracts are advertised in both National dallies and Federal Tender Journal, then the qualified companies will be selected through procurement procedures;
6. List of qualified contractors will be published in the service notice board for appropriate documentation before the award letters will be issued;
7. The Service hereby call on the Public to have nothing to with any individual, agents or syndicate by procuring contract registration forms or paying any sum of money to the same. All payments for contracts are usually made through remita to government chest.
A. C. NJOKU
Public Relations Officer, Nigerian Correctional Service, NCoS
Incidence of criminals posing as officers of some key institutions in Nigeria has been rife. Many citizens would deal with them thinking that they are relating to the relevant authorities. This has caused a lot of distrust as most of the people involved in such transactions get to lose their money and resources in millions. Impersonation as well as name dropping has been used to scam a lot of people in Nigeria.