FOREIGN NEWS

Madagascar Confirms First COVID-19 Death As Govt Extends Lockdown By 15 Days

The Madagascar taskforce on Coronavirus( COVID-19) on Sunday announced the first death of the virus in the country.

According to Reuters, spokeswoman of the taskforce, Hanta Danielle Vololontiana said the deceased also had diabetes and high blood pressure.

“A man died from COVID-19 in Madagascar … he is 57 years old and a member of the medical staff,” she added.

Meanwhile, the government also extended the covid-19 national lockdown by 15 days, effective from May 16.

Recall that the nation had recorded zero covid-19 death, on the grounds that its herbal remedy( Covid-19 Organics) had been effective in curing covid-19.

The President, Andry Rajoelina, in a tweet on Sunday, said he would address the nation by 8pm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22T0FP

Categories: FOREIGN NEWS

Leave a Reply